Things to note for 3D printable model:
1) Export your files in mm (millimeter), in the actual print size you want it to be.
2) Suggested file format are .stl or .obj
3) Merge/boolean/union all intersecting objects into a single solid (watertight) object, make sure no intersecting objects, no broken polygon, no extra unwanted spline or edge.
4) All objects must have thickness, plan with one face are not printable in the real world.
5) Make sure there is no inverted normals, outside faces should always facing outward.
6) Suggested minimum wall thickness for FDM printing is 1.2mm. Minimum thickness 0.8 to 1.2mm (depending on the design)
7) Parts needed in different colour, please upload them one by one and select colour accordingly.
Q: What is infill?
A: FDM Printing usually don’t print an object solid, instead we just printing in certain percentage of infill. This is to cut down printing time and cost. The higher percentage the infill is, the more solid the printed object is. Beside the solidness, infill also act as a support for the roof of the object, in some cases, printing without infill may causing the top of the part collapse. 20% is the most common setting to be used, it printed in shoter time and given a relatively sufficient support to the object top / roof.
Q: What is layer height?
A: The layer height define the thickness of each layer, 3D printing process deposit material layer by layer to form an object. The smaller the number of the layer height, the thinner the layer is, thinner layer heigh create smoother surface, just to take note it will increase the printing time significantly as well. For normal usage prototyping, 200 micron is good enough.
Q: What if I need assitance on checking my parts printability?
Q: When can i get my order if I place order now?
A: It depend on the size of your part(s), beside that number of parts and intricacy will also affect the processing time. 3D printing take times, it will be great to allocate sufficient time for the process, in case of fail print, it may take more time to reprint.
For our office operation hour visit Contact Us page.
For shipping related question please visit FAQ Shipping.
Q: What is the printer build size?
A: We are using printers with build size 22 x 22 x 25cm and 30 x 30 x 40cm, and one 50 x50 x 50cm. We don’t suggest to use up the maximum size when preparing file. It’ll be great the part is 1 or 2 cm smaller than the build size.
Q: Can you help me to fix the error on the model?
A: We will try fixing the model with Netfabb online. Anything can’t be fixed by Netfabb, we will contact you to fix send the amended file(s) to us.
We may need you to top up the difference cost of the amended model if it’s too much different from the cost that caculated from the model with issue.
Q: Can I have specific printing orientation for particular model?
If it’s not set we will decide the best orientation for your 3D moded.
Left panel below the perview canvas.